Updated on January 9th, 2022
If you are a regular snow rider, then the lightest snowmobile helmet is the one that can offer you both protection and comfort at the same time. Because they can protect you from the outside and give you a nice warmth on the inside. Also, because of a good snowmobile helmet, you will be able to get a clear field of vision when you will be riding, even in the heavy snow.
But if you purchase a helmet that is quite heavy, then you won’t get any comfort, and there are a lot of things to consider before buying the lightest snowmobile helmet. So, in this article, we rounded up some of the best snowmobile helmets that you can consider buying.
Lightest Snowmobile Helmet
- 509 Altitude Helmet
- Castle X Exo CX950
- Fly Racing Kinetic Thrive Helmet
- ILM Full Face Winter Helmet
- Auboa Motorcycle Modular Full Face Helmet
- AHR Full Face MX Snowmobile Helmet
- CKX VG1000 RSV
- Yema Modular YM-925 Helmet
509 Altitude Helmet
The 509 Altitude Snowmobile helmet is one of the best-selling helmets in the business right now, and it provides you with the most spectacular and up-to-date features available in a helmet. It outperforms the competition in all categories, but especially in the five fundamental characteristics of a helmet: performance, efficiency, appearance, fit, and overall safety.
The lavish design of the helmet ensures a perfect fit, and the shining highlighting almost completely outperforms all of the other helmets available on the market at this price point. It is available in a variety of sizes that are suitable for both young and adult riders. So, it doesn’t matter how complicated your head size is. You can choose your desired one, and wear it without any discomfort.
It also features a unique ventilation system that provides all-day-long comfort for riders that are more aggressive in their riding style. And the total number of ventilation is eight oversized intake and exhaust vents, offering you the supreme ventilation experience.
If you take a good look at the appearance of this 509 Altitude, you’ll see how amazing this helmet is. The first thing we learned about this product is its outside appearance, and in the case of this helmet, you can’t overlook the attention-grabbing style.
Because of the thermoplastic ply alloy used in the construction of the exterior shell, it has the strength to withstand any form of impact. So, you can use it in a rough way.
On top of that, the 509 Altitude helmet is equipped with a variety of features to ensure that you have the greatest possible riding experience.
- Includes a camera mount that is universal in design.
- The Fidlock® magnetic strap clasp is simple to open and close.
- It has eight intake/exhaust vents and innovative aerodynamic channels.
- Excellent fit is ensured by the use of eight sizes spread across three outer shell molds.
- ECE 2205 safety certification criteria are met with this product.
Another crucial consideration has the best possible peripheral vision. In fact, it’s more significant than the aesthetics of our helmet itself. They all have optimal peripheral vision, whether they are Altitude, Tactical, or Delta R3 helmets, and this is true for all 509 helmets.
Castle X Exo CX950
For the EXO-CX950, Castle has partnered with well-known helmet manufacturer Scorpion, which has introduced a slew of superb modular and open-faced helmets in recent years, as well as the first mid-priced dual-sport helmet for the motorcycle market. When it comes to quality and the wide range of features they offer, we can say that Castle X Exo CX950 is the best snowmobile helmet under 300. Also, the motorcycle press gushed about it.
In addition to a breathing box, chin curtain, and dual-pane shield, Castle’s CX950 snowmobile is equipped with a number of other amenities for snowmobiling. So, if you are planning a helmet for snowmobiling, then we can say that you have just found your thing. In this helmet, you will get so many features that will help you in snowmobiling.
Hence, once you unbox this helmet, you will get astonished by its beauty. The first impression of its quality and feel is just priceless. The exterior polish is just flawless, the shield and polycarbonate shell looks to be of good quality, the vent controls appear to be well-built, and the inside pad material seems to be of superior quality. However, in the end, it was somewhat heavier than some of the other helmets we’d tried, but modular helmets tend to be a bit heavier than less-featured MX or full-face versions. So, it can be overlooked.
- Scorpion is the only company that has produced an advanced LG Polycarbonate Shell.
- Comes with an EPS with two densities.
- Provides Adaptive Ventilation System with Aero-Tuned Components.
- Has Faceshield with two anti-fog panes from EverClear.
- The eye port is very large.
- KwikFit cheek pads are a great product.
- There are a chin curtain and a breath box included in the box.
- Easy-Use Chin bar that can be raised and lowered.
- Speaker pockets for the communication system.
- Features an electric shield for further protection.
Fly Racing Kinetic Thrive Helmet
If you are a regular snowmobile rider and know a lot about helmets, then you may probably know about the Fly Racing helmet brand. They are the most renowned company that manufactures the best snowmobile helmet. And the Fly Racing Kinetic Thrive helmet is one of the lightweight and best helmets that you will ever see.
In durability and comfort, this helmet is unbeatable. It is made with a polymer shell which is considered to be the most sturdy and lightweight element to build a helmet. Additionally, it comes with a dual-density EPS liner that adds extra spice to this helmet.
Considering the style and comfort, we can say that this Fly Racing Kinetic Thrive helmet is mainly designed for snowmobile racing. Offering a multi-port ventilation system, you can enjoy the maximum airflow possible. However, there is also a slimmed-down design available for giving you the minimized mas. So, if you buy this helmet, your next snowmobile ride will be unforgettable.
- The shell is made of polymer, which is both sturdy and lightweight.
- Includes a dual-density EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) liner that is both detachable and washable.
- This model features a unique rubber trim with an integrated nose guard.
- It has a changeable high-flow mouthpiece that can be removed.
- It meets or exceeds the requirements for DOT certification.
However, for giving you the proper fit and comfort, this helmet comes in eight different types of sizes (from X-Small to XXXX-Large). So, you can buy it according to your head size.
ILM Full Face Winter Helmet
When it comes to helmets, the ILM is one of those lower-priced models that will make a prospective consumer think twice before purchasing. However, despite the fact that it comes with a slew of excellent features, the cost is way lower than its competitors giving you the perception that this one is better than others. However, this could not be further from the truth. Not only is this model exceptionally comfy and DOT approved, but it is also come in a choice of sizes and styles to suit your needs.
An excellent full-face helmet, the ILM is loaded with fantastic features such as an outstanding ventilation system, an extra thick detachable liner, and a quick and easy fastening that makes it very easy to put on and take off your helmet. This full-face helmet is remarkably light and efficient, so you won’t be feeling the helmet lift off your head whether driving down a freeway or on a mountain road.
Wearing a new helmet may be painful for the first week or two while the padding is breaking in, but when the padding has been worn in, you’ll be able to enjoy a pleasant and comfortable ride.
With so many vents, you’ll have to struggle with a lot of wind noise, which might be a problem for riders who want to be able to hear their music, phone calls, or GPS directions without having to take their eyes off the road.
While the visors are fitted with an anti-fog coating, they do have a tendency to fog up in humid situations, so you may want to consider upgrading them later on when the weather starts to heat up.
Hence, overall, this is a fantastic, well-constructed lightweight full-face helmet that offers the type of road protection that every rider wants. So, you can purchase this helmet without any hesitation.
- There are two visors included: one in clear and one in smoked, as well as one neck scarf for winter use.
- Wind noise and drag are reduced thanks to a more streamlined aerodynamic design.
- ABS Shell with Advanced and Lightweight Durability.
- With a quick-release clasp and strap, as well as removable inner lining pads, this bag is ideal for travel.
- Meets or exceeds the requirements of FMVSS-218 and the Department of Transportation Safety Standards.
AUBOA Modular Full Face Helmet
The AUBOA Modular Full Face Helmet is an excellent motorcycle helmet for a variety of activities, including snowmobiling, urban and street biking, dirt biking, off-road motorcycling, ATV, and many other rides. The quality of the build material is really top-notch. It is built with an excellent quality of material which is the ABS shell and High-density EPS foam padding that make sure a more secured riding in the snow. Also, it is much more lightweight and comfortable compared to the others.
However, on the other hand, despite the fact that this is a full-face helmet, riders can easily switch between a flip-up helmet and a full-face helmet at any time by pressing a button on the chin portion of the helmet. Because of this, you will be able to eat and converse with others without needing to remove your helmet completely. This is the bonus feature of this AUBOA Motorcycle Modular Full Face helmet.
If you are thinking about security, then you don’t need to worry about it. Because this helmet is DOT certified and meets all the necessary safety standards, this motorcycle helmet for snowmobile riders complies with FMVSS-218 and the Department of Transportation’s Safety Standards. Provide complete and total protection from the resulting impact.
- Excellent quality ABS Shell and high-density EPS foam padding is used for ensuring a safer ride.
- Features the modular flip-up design, which you can access by pressing a hidden button under the chin bar.
- Includes six different air ventilation vents to ensure an outstanding airflow.
- Whether you are riding a motorcycle, snowmobile, or scooter, it can fit all of them.