Riding a fat bike on the road is not a joke while this is a fashion that is trending right now. What do you think about it? But, is there any problem with a fat bike, or is it just so awesome that there is no disadvantage? Well, there is much-hidden information about fat bikes which will stunt you and after knowing them you will be aware of everything.
Fat bikes are rarely seen from the middle of this decade and it’s gradually increased its popularity among the youth. Nowadays many expert bikers want to take a fat bike. But, a fat bike worth having so much popularity? Is it comfortable enough? There are so many questions and topics that need to cover.
Today, I will cover them up all so that you leave no important information about the fat bike. You will get fat bike disadvantages, fat bike tires, fat bike for sale information, comparison between fat bike vs road bike, and some FAQs. So, let’s start.
What is a Fat Bike?
As you know different types of bikes come with different frame designs and gear variation. A fat bike is one of the types of mountain bike where it comes with the frame of a mountain bike and has fat tires. The tires look like motorbike’s tires and the PSI (pressure) remains comparatively low here. You can ride this bike any place you want. The speed of the fat bike is also up to the mark.
Some quick information will clear you to understand about the fat bike easily. So, let’s see the info down below-
Quick Information about Fat Bike
- A fat bike has tremendous gear facility
- The fat bike in mud works excellent
- The frame is well built to hold the fat tire
- Low PSI (10- 20 PSI)
- Comfortable in every type of road(Snow, Sands, Rocks, Logs)
- Easy to ride and control
- Less chance of facing an accident
- Comfortable handlebar and amazing brake mechanism
- Adults and women can ride this bike as it has different size variant
Fat Bike Advantages and Disadvantages
Everything has its good and bad side which makes them a true product. Without any disadvantages, no product can be made in modern days. So, the fat bike has also some advantages with disadvantages. But, if you can overcome the disadvantages then it will amuse you with its advantages.
What are the advantages of fat bikes?
- As you can ride this bike almost any weather and any road, it will provide you adventurers feel. Again this type of bike will increase your biking habit.
- It’s fun to ride a fat tire bike. According to cycling.com “You’ve likely seen them on trails or bike paths: Equipped with wide tires, between 4” and 5”, fat bikes certainly make an impression.” So, everybody will see that you are riding something different and this will create lots of fun moments.
- It is very comfortable to ride the fat bike as the seat-post is down to the tire and the tire can bear any weight as they are fat enough.
- Easy to ride for its size and frame body combination.
- In the snow area, the fat bike is so overpowered and it will give you a nice grip on the road while riding on a snow place.
- Less chance of facing road accidents.
Fat Bike Disadvantages
- Fat bikes are expensive for their build quality and tire size.
- The bike is heavy and you can’t bear it on your shoulder for a long time. So, you can do one thing that is you need to ride it.
- Though the speed of the fat bike is up to the mark, the same frame’s mountain bike offers more speed than the fat bike.
- On the typical ground, it can’t offer you an excellent grip.
- Hard to pedal the bike as the tires have heavyweight.
- Replacement of the tire is very tough to do for the accurate one.
Head to Head: Fat bike vs Road Bike
There is much difference between a road bike and a fat bike but I will tell you about some major differences. Differences won’t change your choice as you are sure about the product. Moreover, the difference can make you aware of the product that you are going to get and what you are going to miss. So, let’s check them out from the table below-
|1. Fat bike has fat tires
||1. Road bike comes with slim tires
|2. Comfortable riding experience in every type of road
||2. Not suitable for snow and rock place riding
|3. Low speed
||3. Comparatively high speed
|4. Need more strength to pedal
||4. Require less strength to pedal
|5. Comes with gear mechanism
||5. No gear mechanism
|6. It is heavy
||6. It is light-weighted
Fat Bike for Sale
You will get the fat bike for sale on the bike shop as they are getting so much popularity day by day. You need to remember that the bikes will cost you more and you will get the amazing feature. Those who want to follow the trend for biking, then you can go for this type of bike. But if you are thinking of some serious biking then you should go for a hybrid, road, or mountain bike. This fat bike will reduce your speed and mobility where you can use a road bike for getting more speed. One thing you need to remember is that- the fat bike parts are not available in large numbers and so, you need to give effort in maintaining the bike perfectly.
Should You Buy a Fat Bike?
If you want to ride your bike comfortably in snow place, rock place, or over the muddy road then this bike will be perfect for you. In modern days the bike is getting fame and name which is making this bike more appealing among the youth. If you want to have a nice and comfortable ride and go with the trend, then you should buy a fat bike.
Can You Ride a Fat Bike on Pavement?
Pavement is the place where people walk beside the road and it will be very difficult for you to ride a fat bike on the pavement. The weight of the fat bike won’t allow you to ride it on the pavement. Again, you will need much more strength to ride this bike on tough terrain.
Are Fat Tire Bikes Hard to Ride?
– If you are a first-timer then it would be difficult for you to ride a fat bike though it’s not tough to control the balance. The problem is – you will require more strength to pedal the bike. Once you learn how to pedal then you will be comfortable with this bike.
Hopefully, you have understood everything about riding a fat bike on the road. The fat bike is a specialized bike that is comfortable to control and looks amazing for the tires. However, you need to wear your safety equipment every time before you go out riding. You need to pay attention to the safety equipment’s so that you don’t face any unnecessary accidents.