Updated on August 14th, 2020
Motocross helmet designed for off-road and dirt roads. For this reason, it called MX and dirt bike helmet too. Motocross helmets are available less than 100 dollars. But you would not pick up so cheap dirt bike helmets.
Best motocross helmet under 200 comes with many more security features. It designed uniquely with a maximum airflow system. First of all, it has a giant visor to see—secondly, the comfortable chin bar for proper air run.
Therefore, we have done a review with top helmets for motocross. These will help you to meet the off-road adverse. Then let’s read.
Top 6 Best Motocross Helmet Under $200
There are many dirt bikes helmets cheap price of several brands. But you must find the best one. But to understand which is best? We made this guide for your convenience. Here are the top five best motocross helmet 2020. All of the below helmets come with dot certification, which ensures safety.
1.Fox Racing V1
V1 matte is one of the excellent dirt bike helmets in 2020. It comes from the most popular Fox Racing brand. So, you can believe in it. V1 matte is designed for racing. However, you can use it for other dirt’s roads. Overall, it is the best performer for all off streets.
First of all, v1 matte has MVRS visor system. MVRS refers to the magnetic screw replacement. And it works to run rotation correctly. So, you can use it with comfort. It means, it allows you to a quick release and connect.
Hence, it has four individual shells. As a result, you can see apart it as per your need. Then the inner round is consisting of EPS material. EPS is the most comfortable. Similarly, this material is great for airflow.
You will get a triple XL size in this model. As well as, total five color are available. Good to know the outer material is ABS. So, it is very durable. The overall dimension is 8 x 8 x 8 inches. And it is of 5 pounds.
- Dual density EPS liner
- 9 intake and 4 exhaust vents
- Finish prevents obvious scratches and wear
- DOT and ECE certified
- Injection molded polycarbonate shell
- 3 Shell sizes and 4 EPS sizes
- Several graphics and colors available
- Matching gear available for certain graphics/colors
- Fit runs small. Consider sizing up one full size
- Available up to 4 sizes and five color
- It consists of 4 individual shell
- High-quality EPS inner
- The color of the actual helmet may differ slightly from the picture.
We recommend this great motocross helmet for racing in dirt’s road.
2.Troy Lee Designs SE4 Polyacrylite Motocross Helmet
Are you looking for a medium-size off-road motocross helmet? Then look to the Troy Lee mono helmet. It comes from the Troy lee design manufacture. The number of features and function impressive.
Troy lee mono is a beautiful model for all off-road activities. It has made from SE4 Poly acrylate plastic. And there has MPIS to reduce the rotational force.
This is the another SE4 helmet added to the lineup because they have the SE for carbon the SE for composite and as you would expect those helmets are on the premium side of things. So with that comes a premium price right at 650 bucks at full retail. so the Polystyrene coming in at below $200 for the mono black graphic or 250 at full retail for a graphic
Besides, it comes with 16 ports to enter fresh air. And four different ports can take out the hot air from the helmet. Then the plastic visor screw with brass is quite good. Luckily, you will get a drawstring sock to protect the helmet.
Its dimension is 10 x 10 x 2 inches and weight are 4 pounds. The size is available from small to double XL. And it comes with an elegant full black color.
- Expanded Polystyrene for added protection
- Triple density EPS for all impact speeds
- MIPS (Multi-directional Impact Protection System) provides even more protection against rotational impact
- EPP chin bar provides lightweight, durable protection
- Its anatomically contoured 3D cheek pads help you to emergency release them
- 16 Intake ports and 6 rear exhaust ports to more cooling
- Visor provides breakaway protection
- Stainless steel d-rings are both strong
- 3 Shell sizes across 6 helmet sizes
- Troy Lee Designs drawstring provide a helmet bag
- DOT and ECE certifications
- Helmet cover is abrasion resistant
- Stainless steel d rings
- Very lightweight helmet
- Available up to 6 size
- It has no color option without black.
We admire this product for several off roads bike. This motocross is a versatile choice for MTV bikers.
3.O’Neal Unisex-Adult Off Road 5SERIES Helmet
O’Neal brings good news for you. Because it is a unisex helmet. Firstly, it has a stylish look. Secondly, the functions are great. Finally, you will be happy to meet the price point. However, let’s know the features.
If you are looking for a small size helmet? O’Neil is an excellent small size adult helmet. First of all, it designed with multi-color graphics outlook. As a result, you feel so stylish while riding.
Furthermore, the durable ABS shell construction is better. Moreover, the inside building is so soft. So, you will enjoy a comfortable riding. At the same time, it can pass the airflow. Luckily, this helmet allows you with different travel.
This helmet is 15.04 x 11.89 x 11.1 inches dimension. And the weight is notably less of 3.19 pounds. The red and black color is available.
- Polycarbonate/ABS shell construction
- Ultra-plush removable/washable padded Coolmax liner keeps you cool
- Multiple air vents help to keep you cool and dry
- Adjustable visor design
- DOT, ECE 22-05 and AS/NZS safety standards certifications
- It is unisex helmet for both men and women
- The graphical design is stylish
- Durable shell construction
- Two nice color available
- Only one size is available in this model.
We recommend you to consider this helmet for all terrains. Besides, you can choose it for street touring.
4.Bell MX-9 MIPS Equipped Motorcycle Helmet
Bell MX-9 is a great innovation of Bell brand. It is a new attractive helmet for radio controlling a motorcycle. Do note that this is unisex. So, you can buy it for multipurpose use. Keep in mind that is a more massive size helmet. So, skip it if you need a smaller helmet.
Bell mx -9 adventure MIPS helmet comes with MIPS design. And MIPS design reduces the maximum rotation force.
Then, the construction is divided into three shell—each of the shell made from composite polycarbonate. Moreover, there has EPS design of the shell.
Moreover, bell mx 9 has a natural engine. That engine works for fresh air sucking. So that the user can stay cool and dry, also, it has a flying bridge visor, which provides the adjustability as well as it ensures stability.
The 15.28 x 11.34 x 11.42 inches is the measurement. And its weight is 3.3 pounds. Bell max is available with only one color and size.
- Polycarbonate/ABS Shell Construction
- MIPS: Multi-directional Impact Protection system
- 3 shell and EPS sizes
- Velocity Flow Ventilation system to get maximum cooling
- Fully adjustable Flying Bridge Visor
- Anti microbial and anti-bacterial removable/washable interior
- Integrated roost guard
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure
- Five-years warranty
- DOT and ECE certifications
- Natural cooling engineered
- The lightweight build
- EPS design with three shells.
- MIPS ensure durability
- No color choosing option
We strongly suggest to pick up these helmets for motocross. Because It is prepared specially for the off-road.
5.HJC i50 Helmet
The last attraction of our favorite list is the HJC helmet. It is a high-profile motocross helmet. And you know the HJC brand is reputed from 1971. Whatever, this helmet is an exclusive model for off-road bikers. And luckily, you will get this within a short budget.
First of all, i50 is a compacted helmet. It comes with comfortable inside construction. Because the inner shell is so soft, likewise, it is a perfect fit helmet due to the ADs technology.
Then it has up to 13 vents with full front to the final hole. As a result, the hot air can be reduced quickly. The anti-bacterial features are wondering. Likewise, this helmet is washable. Luckily, you will get up to 10 color and seven sizes in this model. Although the weight is more substantial, it still works great.
- Advanced Polycarbonate Composite Shell
- Advanced Channeling Ventilation System
- SuperCool Interior
- Removable and washable cheek pads and liner
- Sliding Layer Impact Distribution
- Mositure-wicking anti-bacterial fabric
- Large Eye Port: for maximum visibility
- Functionally designed visor
- D-Ring with Red color pull tab
- ECE & DOT Approved
- Up to 13 fronts to back airflow system
- Available different color and size
- Looking stylish
- Very less price
- It is a comparatively heavier weight
You can go with this if you are a regular or capsular off-road rider. Because it provides maximum protection from the dirt.
6.ILM Motocross Helmet
- FMVSS-218 and DOT safety standards certified
- ABS Shell Construction provide lightweight and incredibly durable.
- Sleek aerodynamic design made for speed and looking so cool.
- Front and back air vents for more ventilation.
- Detachable inner pads made so you can remove and wash them.
- Detachable visor protect you from direct sun light
Best Motocross Helmet Buying Guide
Here is some consideration to look for when selecting best motocross helmet under $200. These will guide you to pick up the 2020 motocross helmets. So, if you don’t want to invest in the wrong place, then follow our guides.
Keep in mind material is an essential factor. Always try to choose a helmet with EPS inner material. Don’t forget to select the ABS outer build. Because EPS and ABS are durable years after years.
In the case of motocross or dirt bike, you need to choose a perfect chin bar. Because a full cover chin bar can save you from the dirt’s and muddy. So, skip those helmets which don’t come with a larger chin bar.
Airflow is another crucial factor. You need a helmet with proper ventilation process. So, choose such a helmet which has proper ventilation ways.
Size has a significant impact. You cannot even wear the wrong size helmet. So, choose the helmet size as per your head size. Otherwise, it may slip again and again while riding.
You need to think about lightweight. Because the helmet will stay on your head, still you are riding. In this, a heavier weight may be painful for you.
Is Bell a good helmet brand?
Yes! Bell is an excellent helmet brand because it provides verities of style and functions. As well as the price is limited. So, we can say Bell is the best brand.
Why are MX helmets different?
MX is different because these designed with more visor and airflow mechanism. At the same time, the chin bar is more powerful of this helmet. That’s why MX helmet is different from the other. Hence there have some high-profile best MX helmet under 400.
So, it is high time to pick up the Best motocross helmet under 200. Hopefully, you are gained a lot of experience about the motocross helmet. Most importantly, we have covered the top five list of dirt bikes. You can choose from the above list. Each of the helmets is best from several aspects.