The little-sized motorcycle helmet cameras are getting famous day by day. These cameras are super handy to take snaps while cycling. More conveniently, most of the helmet cameras cost us less than 100 bucks while still offering us good features.
While using a helmet for saving face and head, you can use it for keeping your memories too. You can do that by mounting a little camera on your helmet and capturing photos and videos with it. The mounting accessories mostly come with the camera package, or you have to buy it separately sometimes. Helmet cameras let you live your touring adventures again and again by taking the perfect images of each moment.
Buying the best motorcycle helmet camera isn’t an easy task. Many companies promote and sell these cameras. So, it’s usual to get a little confused about which one to buy. That’s why we have used and reviewed some of the best helmet cameras on the market so that you find it easy to choose one from them.
Best Cheap Motorcycle Helmet Camera
- GoPro HERO7 Silver (Best Brand)
- AKASO Brave 4 4K 20MP Wi-fi Action Camera (Best & Cheap)
- AKASO EK7000 4K WIFI Sports Action Camera
- Campark ACT74 Action Camera 16MP
- FITFORT Action Camera 4K WiFi
- YI 4K Action and Sports Camera
- Crosstour Action Camera Waterproof
Best motorcycle helmet camera under $200
Looking for a high-end helmet camera? You must’ve heard the name of GoPro Hero camera series then! The GoPro Hero7 Silver is a proper tool for capturing photos and videos for action sports filming, diving, cycling, etc. The Hero series has some high-quality cameras, and among them, the Hero7 is the one that gained much popularity.
This camera’s little sleek body looks attractive. Other than using this camera for taking snaps while biking and cycling, you can use it for clicking any photo. This camera boasts powerful electronic image and video stabilization feature. So, the videos won’t be blurry if you’re on the motion. With a lens aperture of f2.8, the pictures come out pretty stunning.
This camera is a little expensive, but it’s superior in quality also. The body of the camera is robust and waterproof. If you decide to spend money, you won’t have to regret the purchase ever.
- This camera records Ultra HD videos in 4K/30 fps.
- The 10 MP camera has single, burst, and time-lapse modes to take magnificent pictures and videos
- The camera can stay 10 meters underwater without the need for a waterproof case
- 2-inch touchscreen to preview and view photos and videos
- Photo and video editing options available
- HERO7 Silver is hands-free with voice commands
- GPS Performance Stickers : Track your speed, distance and more.
- 2x Slo-Mo
- Wide Digital Lenses/FOV
- Waterproof (even without case)
- Great image and video stabilization
- Picture and audio quality is better than others
- Built-In Rechargeable Battery
Best cheap motorcycle helmet camera under $100
Capture every memory with the excellent AKASO Brave 4 Wi-Fi Action Camera. This camera allows you to take incredible photon while motorcycling, biking, skiing, diving, and many more. If you want a camera that is high-quality as well as affordable, this one should be your choice. This camera, with its all amazing features, is a brilliant camera for motorcycle helmets.
The camera comes in a compact size. This camera can record crystal clear videos at 4K@24 fps. You can customize the lens angle from 70° to 170° as per necessity. This camera won’t make pictures blurry when you’re in motion. With the help of anti-shaking feature, you can take stable pictures even if you or the camera shake.
While you’re riding your motorcycle, you’ll be able to capture the beauty of nature with this high-quality camera. The camera can connect to Wi-Fi when you install iSmart DV or AKASO DV from play store. After that, you can share photos with friends and family directly from the camera.
You’ll get all mounting accessories in the package which most other cameras don’t include. This is a plus point because you don’t have to buy accessories separately. The waterproof case gives you the freedom to capture photos and videos up to 30M depth in the water. You can also preview the view before you record it. While you’re riding your motorcycle on a rainy day, you can still capture photos due to this facility.
- This camera’s image and video resolution help the motorcyclers to take incredible photos.
- The built-in gyroscope controls Anti-shaking and image stabilization for still images.
- Smart adjustment of view angle, anti-shaking technology help to get smooth pictures
- HDMI compatibility to connect the camera with a television
- This camera can connect to Wi-Fi networks in a range of 10 meters. Sharing photos is easy with this device.
- Placing the camera into the waterproof case enables the camera for underwater image capturing and video recording.
- The package contains 19 accessories. There are two rechargeable batteries from which each can record videos at 4K@30 fps for 90 minutes.
- Battery standby is highly adequate
- The remote wristband makes the controlling of the device simple
- All the mounting accessories are provided
- The plastic body of the camera can break if fallen on the ground.
Another one best and cheap action camera
Another terrific action camera is the AKASO EK70000. I’ll admit this one is the best action camera at a low price. If you cannot spend much money on a helmet camera right now, this one might turn out to be the ideal choice for you.
This camera has a wide range of settings and options for you. You can click pictures at 12 MP as well as 4 MP resolutions. This rectangular sized action cam records HD videos and lets you store all your memories even when you’re riding the motorcycle. With the help of wristband remote control, you’ll be able to do everything that you do when the camera is in your hands.
Mounting the camera on the helmet or your bike’s handlebar is trouble-free as you get all the accessories in the box. When you’ll return home and watch the photos and videos, you’ll feel like you’re living that time again. Yes, this camera keeps the images that much lively.
Like most other helmet cameras, this one can be used underwater. A waterproof case comes with the package that saves the camera up to 100 feet of water. In a nutshell, this camera is an ideal motorcycle helmet cam.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and HDMI makes watching and sharing media effortless
- Two lithium-ion batteries of 1050 mAh each last up to 90 minutes per video recording.
- 12 MP high image resolution for capturing marvelous photos
- Video recording at Ultra HD mode 4K/25 fps
- Wireless remote control makes capturing, recording, and framing photos and videos more convenient
- Waterproof case provided for using the camera underwater
- The box contains 21 tools excluding the camera, batteries, and the remote control
- Awesome image and audio quality
- All necessary accessories
- High definition video recording
- Instruction manual lacks details
Campark ACT74 Action Camera is another charm! This camera comes at a reasonable price while stunning everyone with its extraordinary battery life. You can now store all your memories with your motorcycle when you have this camera.
This camera, with its wide lens angle, will take every background object in the pictures. So, don’t worry about missing out on anything. Also, don’t worry about running out of battery charge as this camera’s dual rechargeable lithium-ion batteries will each live up to 180 minutes of video recording at HD mode.
If you’re concerned about your budget, I’ll tell you to look nowhere else because this camera will fulfill all your necessities while costing you a little. With this camera, you can enjoy watching your photos and videos on TV because it supports HDMI. This camera makes riding on your motorcycle and capturing the beauty of nature at the same time an excellent experience.
Wi-Fi connectivity has made sharing updates easier. This camera can connect to any Wi-Fi network for up to 10 meters of range. You’ll be able to share your photos and videos on social media whenever you want.
- The camera is available in three colors- black, silver, and blue
- Camera has a 2-inch HD screen
- Ultra wide 170° lens angle ensures every background details on the photos
- 16 MP image resolution gives you better pictures every time/
- Incredible video resolution of 4K records crystal clear videos
- Waterproof case helps it to take snaps in 30m underwater
- The package contains 30 additional accessories. You’ll get everything you need for mounting it on your helmet.
- Ultra wide lens angle gives a perfect view of the surroundings
- Sony Sensor ensures clarity of any picture
- The loop, time-lapse, and slow-motion options give newer things to try out
- Long battery life
- All accessories provided
- Supports SD card only up to 32 GB
- No carrying case provided
So, this one’s another action camera which we’re reviewing. This camera comes at a very affordable rate while still possessing all the fantastic features. It is super easy to mount on your motorcycle camera and capture the breathtaking photos of nature.
This camera shoots 4K Ultra High definition videos at more than five video resolution settings. The images come out smooth and polished with a high image resolution of 12 MP. Also, you can share the moments of your ride instantly because this camera can connect to Wi-Fi networks up to 10m.
The wide lens angle of 170° gives you the liberty to capture more of the background details. The waterproof case that the package contains lets you shoot your surroundings on a rainy day. Divers can shoot for up to 30m underwater with this compact sized camera.
Make your way to the action sports photography world with this fantastic piece of thing- the FITFORT Action Camera. This camera, with its all amazing features, won’t cost you a lot but will give you the best action camera experiences.
- This action camera can record videos at 4K@25 FPS, 2.7K@30 FPS, 1080P@ 60FPS, 1080P@30 FPS and 720P@120 FPS.
- The camera is HDMI compatible to view photos and videos on television
- This camera features a wide lens angle of 170°, and the image resolution is 12 MP.
- Two rechargeable batteries of 1050 mAh come with the package which can each support up to 90 minutes of video recording. The built-in screensaver also helps to save battery charge
- Wireless remote control for controlling the camera after mounting it on a helmet
- Wi-Fi available to share photos instantly
- Waterproof case provided for capturing image and video in rainy weather and 100 feet underwater.
- Amazing video and image resolution
- There’s built-in screensaver to save battery charge
- Wireless remote control
- Good battery backup
- Camera gets frozen or hung sometimes.
- Image stabilization is not up to the mark
This one, named as Action and Sports camera, can be used for more than action and sports. This camera with its high image and video resolution is one of the best motorcycle helmet cameras. It has some fantastic features that make it unique among all other cameras.
With the long life of the batteries, you can enjoy two hours video recording at a stretch. This camera gives you the most stable photos and videos with its advanced Electronic Image Stabilization technology. Moreover, you can upload your pictures on social media anytime with the help of Wi-Fi connectivity. Installing Y1 camera app on your phone will let you do modifications on the pictures also.
The big 2.2-inch touchscreen display is easy to operate and control. You get many options to create epic images and videos. And you can record videos in a loop also. You get some very high-priced features at a quite satisfying price in this camera.
- The camera’s dimension is 2.6 x 0.8 x 1.6 inches. It weighs 3.52 ounces
- Built-in EIS (electronic image stabilization) with 3-axis gyroscope and 3-axis accelerometer produces stable video
- Wi-Fi connectivity to share and edit photos and videos
- Slow motion, burst, single, time-lapse modes available to take cool and creative pictures and videos
- Y1 camera app available for quick edit and sharing of photos
- Two hours of continuous recording at 4K-30 fps
- The screen is bigger than most helmet cameras
- Long battery life
- Small, compact size
- Amazing video quality
- The package doesn’t’ contain any waterproof case and mounting accessories.
The Crosstour action camera 4K is the 2nd best camera on our list. The action camera is ideal for motorcycle biking if you are like to share your stunning moments and want to good comment of your friend.
A recording camera can be able to record your special moments and ideal for sports enthusiasts and travel enthusiasts. Best action camera for cycling, surfing, snorkeling, skiing, snowboarding.
The professional 4k camera comes with an exciting riding feature for easy to capture stunning video and take HD photos with 16 MP beautiful cameras.
The LCD cameras design with a pretty waterproof case. Not only is it able to bear pressure underwater but also it can protect your sports camera from dust hits and scratches.
Overall the awesome feature perfect for all riding needed not only riding for off-road but also good for anywhere you want.
- It has 170 degrees wide-angle 4K action camera for the professional and non-professional.
- The camera comes with a pretty waterproof case.
- 2.4 GHz Wireless wrist remote control for easy to capture your videos.
- The camera built-in-Wi-Fi ranges up to 10 meters for easy to record and download your stunning.
- Two rechargeable high capacity batteries to complete your journey.
- The waterproof case delivers 30 feet underwater to record the moments of motion and the beauty of the sea world.
- The Wi-Fi connection allows full control of the camera in the smartphone with GPS for tracking your locations.
- Good picture and high video quality
- Many accessories included.
- Extra battery included
- Nice angle very minor distortion on edges
- 4K at 25 fps excellent camera
- Time-lapse and burst mode
- Remote control included
- Not touch screen
This acting camera is ideal for people who like recording a stunning moment. Although the price is cheap but delivers superb performance. Best for a beginner who likes it but the budget is low.
The Best Motorcycle Helmet Camera
|Product Name||Camera resolution (maximum)||Video Quality||Lens Angle||Waterproof case|
|1. GoPro HERO7 Silver||10 MP||4K||155°||Provided|
|2. AKASO Brave 4 4K 20MP Wi-fi Action Camera||20 MP||4K Ultra HD||70° to 170°||Provided|
|4. AKASO EK7000 4K WIFI Sports Action Camera||12 MP||4K||170°||Provided|
|3. Campark ACT74 Action Camera 16MP||16 MP||4K||170°||Provided|
|5. FITFORT Action Camera 4K WiFi Ultra HD Waterproof Sport Camera||12 MP||4K||170°||Provided|
|6. YI 4K Action and Sports Camera, 4K/30fps Video 12MP||12 MP||4K||155°||Not provided|
|7. Crosstour Action Camera Waterproof||12 MP||4K||155°||Provided|
How to Choose the Best Cheap Motorcycle Helmet Camera
Choosing and then buying an ideal motorcycle helmet camera is tough. To get the best product out of thousands of them, you have to know some things. If you understand your requirements, you won’t find difficulties to get a good-quality camera. So, let’s see some factors that should b checked out before buying a motorcycle helmet camera.
It’s one of the most important factors to check while buying a camera. If you want better images, you have to look for better image quality. The helmet cameras of nowadays you’ll find HD to Ultra HD cameras ranging from 720p to 4K. Ultra HD 4K cameras are the best but should have high fps too. The higher the fps, the better the outcome.
Some cameras will record video at 4K/30 fps while some will at 4K/60 fps. Between these two, 4K/60 fps cameras will give better image quality. While riding your motorcycle, you’ll be in motion. If the fps is higher, the image will come out good. So, check the image quality before deciding on buying a specific camera.
When you’re riding your bike, you can’t halt and start every time to take a picture or record a video. You do it while being in motion. Doing this can make photographs and videos blurry. What saves us from this situation is the Image Stabilization feature. Most cameras nowadays have this feature inbuilt.
Built-in gyroscope and accelerometer provide maximum image and video stabilization. Some cameras have an Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) feature that is more effective than gyroscope and accelerometer. When your camera has this feature, whether you’re running, or riding your bike at full speed, or diving, you’ll get most stable and still pictures or videos. So, bid adieu to the blur, foggy image days!
These little helmet cameras are used in cycling, diving, skiing, and many other action sports. That’s why these cameras come into contact with different weather impacts. The camera has to have a durable construction to withstand the environmental ups and downs.
The camera has to be in constant contact with rain and cloud. Therefore, the casing should be robust.
A helmet camera should be waterproof. These cameras are not only for shooting images when riding a bike. These are also for shooting underwater objects too. Also, on a rainy day, the camera will be exposed to rainwater. The camera has to be waterproof to withstand the damaging impact of water.
Most cameras of these days come with waterproof casings while some do not. In that case, you’ll have to buy a housing separately to save the internal components of the camera.
Battery life is a significant factor. How would you feel when you’re recording a video, and suddenly the camera shuts down? To avoid this situation, you must check the battery life of a camera. Most cameras can run 3 hours during video recording on HD mode. Sometimes that’s not enough. In that case, you’ll need additional batteries.
Some companies provide one additional battery with the camera package. So, you can charge them fully before going on a trip and enjoy recording video for 6 hours or more. Some cameras feature screen saver mode to save battery life.
Some brands give all the mounting accessories with the camera package. If your camera doesn’t contain these tools, you have to buy them separately. You can mount the camera in two way- strap mount and sticky mount. These two types are suitable for different action and weather conditions.
Before buying a camera, check the product details to know the recommended type of mount. You also have to check if they provide the pieces of equipment for that particular mount or not.
Check the weight of the camera before buying as it sits on your helmet. Some helmets are naturally bulky. If the camera is also a heavy-weight one, you’ll feel much pressure on your scalp. Look for a lightweight camera to avoid this situation.
Some other things to check out are built-in GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, HDMI compatibility, etc. These features can ease up the total usage of the camera and make it more convenient.
So, these were some efficient and useful helmet cameras that we came across and admired. Every camera here is equipped with superior features. Anything you pick from here won’t disappoint you.