Updated on September 8th, 2020
Are you on the lookout for the best dirt bike helmet ? Consider yourself lucky! You came to the right place. In the rest of this post, I will tackle some of the most important considerations that will make it easy for you to evaluate the alternatives and come up with a decision that you won’t regret! A lot of you may be possibly focused-on price, thinking that an affordable motocross helmet is the best choice. However, in my opinion, it should not matter if you have to spend more for a motocross helmet if this means that you will enjoy a product with unmatched quality.
I suggest that you take time to look around, rather than being in a rush to make a purchase decision. Weigh the pros and cons of the alternatives to end up with a choice that you will not regret.
Best Dirt Bike Helmet
- 6D ATR 2 Helmet
- Fox Racing V3 Helmet
- Shoei VFX-EVO Helmet
- Bell Moto 9 Flex Helmet
- Troy Lee Designs SE4 Helmet
- Arai VX Pro 4 Helmet
- O’Neal 5 SRS Mens Off-Road Helmet
1. 6D ATR 2 Helmet
The 6D ATR 2 Helmet is one of the most expensive motorcycle helmet brands which build of advance technology for easy to use without and concern.
The helmet design with advance ODS system manages energy transfer mitigation at low-mid, and high-velocity acceleration for both linear and angular acceleration.
Most interesting thins of this brand is offer also replaceable EPS inner liner for low-cost rebuilding with multi-impact EPP outer liner. This helmet incredible for your safety riding adventure, keep enjoy and continue your riding experience with a fantastic mask.
- Heaviest (around 3.47 lbs) among all other competitor helmets
- ODS powered extremely safe kinetic energy management product.
- 6D contoured placements of components and 3 D contoured roost guards
- Outside neck braces are easily attachable
- Stainless steel protective filter screens
- 6D Helmet works bag also available with it
- Titanium D rings and rivets for chin straps
- Warranty period of 3 years
- Exceeds DOT and ECE standards
- Lightweight tri-composite shell
- Air gap ventilation system
- Emergency release cheek pads
- Excellent value
- Great graphic design
- Awesome helmet
- Nice sense of security riding
- Great customer feedback
- Needs to new technology feature
2. Fox Racing V3 Helmet 2020
The Fox Racing V3 Helmet is one of the most technologically modern helmets in the motorcycle industry. It the most selling helmet in the all over the world; it is perfect for those people who like too dangerous riding like Ryan Dungey and Ken Roczen.
The beautiful world-class technological advance helmet protects you head any significant injuries if you’re concerned about your safety issue it will be able to protect your head.
Design with very trusted and worn by more super-cross champions in the past two decades than any other brand. The helmet built for those people who like an adventure with a world-class motorcycle helmet, it can be able to full-fill you all helmet requirements.
- MVRS Magnetic Visor Release System
- Shell size is medium which is neither tight nor lose and provides improved scaling and fit
- 4 shell and 4 EPS sizes adds extra protection and perfect fit
- Light weight, easy to wear and reduces the load on riders head unlike previous helmets
- Multi-Directional Impact Protection System powered design to sustain crashes ranging from low to high.
- Multiple-composite technology construction to create extra tough shell for head protection
- DriLex comfort liner & cheek pads provide dryness during the heat
- 14 intakes and 4 exhaust vents for optimum airflow helps riders to cool and hit the sweat to provide cool ambience inside the helmet.
- ECE22.05 and DOT certified iron heads
- Well built design
- Accurate fitting helmet
- Hot air escape facility
- Best for riding
- Multi-directional impact protection
- Great customer feedback
- V3 off-road helmets
- Light gray color
- Price is high
3. Shoei VFX-EVO Helmet
As an Athletic, the Shoei is the world most gorgeous VFX-EVO mask for these people who are ready to perform any conditions.
Particular matter of this helmet is has evolved the already superior VFX-W mask in the next era of off-road motorcycling, and it can ensure you all safety measure like durability, stability, easy to adjustable and maintenance with fantastic looking.
If you consider this helmet for your riding partner, so I can assure that it is full-fill your all safety issue and give you excellent riding experience with the superb light-weight helmet.
- Advanced Integrated Matrix Plus (AIM+) constructions with high compressible strength powered fibers create light weight shell with stronger endurance and performances.
- Medium sized intermediate oval shape makes the helmet adjustable and fit for almost every head size.
- Wisely handled aerodynamics makes it more suitable and favorable to pro riders
- 3-Dimensional max dry washable liners come with perfectly fit inside the shell also the shrink and expansions are negligible.
- Intelligently designed visor manages the air pressure wisely and distribute it for better aerodynamics
- Elongated chin with fit size strap doesn’t flap the wind
- Exceeds the certifications of DOT and Snell M2015
- Removable cheek pads are available in different sizes so that riders can adjust the space as per their head sizes although these helmets are made fit for almost every head size
- Recommended by pros and hence garnered many loyal customers.
- Sturdy constriction
- Great feature
- Easy to wash
- Very cool and comfortable
- High-quality material
- Some buyer gives the wrong size
4. Bell Moto 9 Flex Helmet
I think you are looking top performances off-Road motorcycle helmet? The Bell Moto-9 MIPS off-Road motorcycle helmet is one of the most popular masks in the world. The colorful design and fantastic looking make an incredible bike helmet.
The excellent helmet comes with various colors with high-performance features which are needed during bike riding. It has slip-plane designed to reduce rotational forces from creating impact, Magnefusion magnetic cheek pads for easy to remove for emergency responders.
Another unique thing of this helmet has velocity flow ventilation which offers natural fresh air through the helmet keeping the riders cools and dry. I hope you pick up your best colorful helmet for off-road biking.
- Light weight yet strong shell composite of carbon.
- Progressive Layering Technology to manage energy and distribute forces equally to save the riders’ melon.
- Oval shaped adaptive size fit construction
- Rotational energy transfer management to avoid helmet slips during low crashes
- Capillary based ventilation to provide maximum cooling
- Adjustable flying visors with smooth motion
- Aerodynamics enabled vents and elongated chin bar to provide enough air room for riders.
- Comes with X-Static XT2 silver liner which is removable/washable
- Exclusive Magnefusion Emergency Removal System (MERS) cheek pads
- Snell M2015 and DOT certified
- Comes with five years warranty
- Compact design
- Suitable use
- Removable cheek pads
- Eject system ready
- Three-layer impact liner
- Good warranty policy
- Awesome helmet
- Some user reported that it is very poor design
5. Troy Lee Designs SE4 Helmet
Are you looking world-class helmet brand for safe your all type of significant injuries? Most of the people helmet use for the save vital part of the body from different type dangerous.
The Troy Lee Design SE4 Helmet is a fantastic helmet that offers priceless value with superb performance. Most of the mask in our market protect your head, on the other hand, this helmet able to preserve your all internal body part like brain protection.
The durable and light-weight colorful helmet protects not only the brain but also offer reduces rotational forces to the brain; it has anatomical 3d-contoured cheek pads.
- MIPS brain protection system, distributes the impact energy and save the heads of riders
- Carbon component powered polymer shell with Kevlar composition.
- 3 layer EPS linersto bear crashes from low to high densities.
- Available for 6 type of head sizes
- 3 dimensional augmented cheek pads are removable and washable.
- Washable comfort liner with cool max and dri-lex materials to dry off the rider.
- Superlight titanium D-rings, to reduce unnecessary weight from the helmet. These changes made this helmet super lite (approx. 2.95 lbs) with stiff and tough performances.
- Visor is mounted with plastic and brass screws so that it gets detached immediately in crash and not harm the rider face.
- Certified by Snell M2015, DOT FMVSS 218
- Unique design helmet
- Very comfortable use
- Clear view
- Suitable for different size
- DOT approved product
- Excellent chose for riding
- Durable and lightweight
- Carbon helmet
- Try Lee Designs
- Some customer report that this is a poor design
6. Arai VX Pro 4 Helmet
Before finished my best dirt bike helmet reviews, now I introduce super durable and light-weight helmet which offers sufficient protection for your head.
It has a different size with color for a different type of people who like to off-road riding with enjoyments, the iconic aria VX pro- its long-awaited replacement in the form of the aria VX pro 4-helmet.
The helmet incredible for those people who like to ride the ultimate off-road journey with very satisfied. If you have not money issue so pick up the mask and enjoy the off-road biking facilities.
- Immediate Oval shape adjustable to almost every head size
- Heavy substances are used for manufacturing the helmet and weighs 3.34 lbs.
- Facial Contour System powered design to protect the face and volatile nature of pads shrink and expand on wearing or removing the helmet.
- Air ventilation works on venturi principal. The rear outlet vent creates strong venture vacuum to handle the air dynamics.
- Exceeds Snell and DOT certifications.
- Stylish, strong, durable and recommended helmet by many pro riders.
- Comes with different size
- Best off-road helmet
- Compact design
- Sturdy and durable
- More comfortable to use
- Stylish design
- Price is too high for this helmet
Best Cheap Dirt Bike Helmet
O’Neal 5 SRS Mens Off-Road Helmet
O’NEAL produces bike and cycle equip, parts, attire and embellishments that completely offer the best in solace, quality and insurance each time you ride. Security, quality and insurance you can trust after about 40 years of dashing.
Highlights:- Polycarbonate/ABS shell development Shell weight (estimate expansive): 1380grams (50)- Coolmax liner-Ultra-rich removable/launderable cushioned liner keeps you cool and dry by wicking without end sweat-Adjustable visor plan Multiple air vents help keep you cool and dry-Durable multi-shaded clear covered designs Replacement parts accessible – Meets DOT, ECE 22-05 and AS/NZS wellbeing benchmarks. Cheap price.
For more : Cheap dirt bike helmet under $200
The head protector itself is made with a streamlined ABS shell that can withstand unforgiving effect. A strengthened button lash is set up to keep you secure, and it utilizes a fast discharge clasp to so you can take it off instantly. Besides that, the cap is intended to give you additional space for both your glasses and a Bluetooth gadget.
The Different Types of Dirt Bike Helmet
Riding a dirt bike can be a thrilling experience, making it a popular hobby for adrenaline-junkies and adventure-seekers. It can be a lot of fun, but without a doubt, can also be risky. Your safety should always be your top priority. You should invest in the essential safety gears to have, one of the most important would be a dirt bike helmet.
Before you hit the open road and go for a leisurely drive, you should have a motorbike helmet that will protect your head from severe injury in case of a crash. Not all these helmets, however, are the same. They differ in terms of their material and their overall construction. There are also several types that are available, which will be the focus of the rest of this post.
In this guide, you will know more about the types of dirt bike helmet that are available on the market. Before you decide what to buy, you must be familiar with each type and decide on which one is best for your needs. They can differ in terms of their style and coverage, among other things. They can also differ based on the materials in each helmet.
Start with Your Budget
One of the best ways to categorize the dirt bike helmets would be based on price. Before you even start shopping, it will be good if you already have a specified budget in mind. How much can you realistically spend? At the end of the day, I suggest that you do not hesitate to spend more if this means that you will be able to enjoy the best in terms of quality.
- Budget Dirt Bike Helmet: The most basic from the three, its cheap price is its biggest draw. This may be good for beginners who are not so serious about their dirt bikes. Often, they have an inferior material that may be unable to withstand impact. I suggest that you stay away from this.
- Mid-range HelmetsDirt Bike Helmet: This is able to offer the best of both worlds, which is why this is what I highly recommend. It has a reasonable price, although not too cheap. It has excellent materials, although not the best of the best. Most people would most probably choose this.
- High-endDirt Bike Helmet: If you are serious about dirt biking and you do not mind splurging for the benefit of your safety, this is what you should choose. The helmet comes with premium materials that are exceptional in terms of their durability. They are also impressive in terms of comfort it can deliver to the user.
With or Without Goggles?
Visibility is also a major concern when trying to narrow down the options for the best motocross helmet that is available. You will also need to decide on whether you will choose one without goggles, which is usually cheaper, or one wherein the goggles are a part of the dirt bike helmet.
One of the main reasons why people opt for a dirt bike helmet without goggles is that they can see better. The goggles can be prone to fogging and other damages caused by external conditions, such as moisture and dust. This can make you see lesser of what is on the road. Having no goggles also means that you can feel the breeze on your face, which will be good in terms of comfort.
On the other hand, having goggles is good because it offers the protection that your eyes need. For instance, it protects you from the harsh heat of the sun. In addition, it can also protect the eyes from dust and debris that can accidentally affect your vision.
If you are opting for one with goggles, the quality of the latter is a paramount consideration. It should have a material that is strong and clear. Perfect helmet must offer protection without blocking your vision. It should also be fog-proof so that you can easily see in a variety of outdoor conditions.
Find Best Dirt Bike Helmet With Right Material
Another primary consideration in your search for the best dirt bike helmet would be the primary material in its construction. This is important as the material will affect not only durability but also safety. More so, it can also have an impact on the overall weight of the helmet, and hence, will affect your comfort as well.
Polycarbonate is one of the common materials for a dirt bike helmet. It is an injected mold plastic, which is the same material that is used in windscreens of Air Force jets. It is good as it is lightweight, but the penetration resistance is not comparable to better materials.
A dirt bike helmet can also be fiberglass. Compared to polycarbonate, the impact resistance is higher. However, one of the main drawbacks is that it can be slightly heavier, which will add strain to the head when you wear it.
You might also want to opt for tri-composite dirt bike helmet. This is made of three varied materials – fiberglass, Kevlar, and carbon fiber. The unique combination of the latter allows it to deliver superior strength. This can be an expensive option, but the price is surely worth it given the many benefits that it will be able to deliver.
Lastly, carbon fiber is also an excellent choice of material for a dirt bike helmet. In fact, this is believed to be the best from the materials that are mentioned in this post. It is extremely lightweight and has superior strength. Like tri-composite, it can also have a steep price.
Evaluate the Shape
This is one thing that most people tend to ignore, even though it is an important consideration. The shape of the dirt bike helmet will affect not only its looks but also its performance and safety. More so, this will also be indicative of how comfortable you will be when using the motorcycle helmet.
One of the shapes that you can see is the long oval. In this case, the front-to-back is very long, while the side-to-side is very narrow. This is a perfect choice if you have an oblong head.
On the other hand, a helmet with an intermediate oval shape is ideal if you have a round head. The front to back is quite short and the side-to-side is a bit wider compared to the long oval. This is the most popular from the shapes of a dirt bike helmet.
Lastly, with a round oval dirt bike helmet, the shape is a bit like long oval. The difference is that the side-to-side is longer instead of the front-to-back.
The best way to determine the right shape of the dirt bike helmet that will fit your head is to have it physically tried. On the other hand, if you are buying online and you have no chance to have it tried personally, use the shape of your head as the basis.
The Right Size
There are many factors that will influence your decision and one of the most critical is perhaps its size. Make sure that it fits. When the fit is perfect, this is when you will know that it is the right choice.
If the dirt bike helmet is too small, you might end up suffering from discomfort because it is too tight in your head. On the other hand, if it is too big, it will be loose and may be unable to provide the protection that you need.
Take the time to measure your head to know the size that is best for you. Using a tape measure, have it wrapped around your head. Measure the diameter just above the eyebrows and your ears. This should cover the largest portion of your head from the backside.
Once you have the measurement, the next thing that you have to do is to consult with the sizing chart of the manufacturer. Different manufacturers may have different sizes. At the end of the day, it will be best if you can have the opportunity to personally try the helmet to see if you are comfortable with the way it fits.
Have a Look at the Shell
The shell is the main part of the helmet, which essentially covers the head. It is important that it is made of high-quality material that can withstand the impact of a crash. Otherwise, it will be useless as the dirt bike helmet will be unable to provide protection from injuries.
When you land on the ground after crashing, the shell of the motocross helmet is the first thing that will make contact. If it easily breaks, this means that your head can also be vulnerable. With this, the material needs to be extra-strong and not deformable.
It is not enough that you consider only the material that is used for the shell. You also have to look at its technical details, especially the weight.
If the shell is too heavy, you can feel uncomfortable when it is worn. It can add strain to the neck and will contribute to fatigue. On the other hand, when it is too light, structural integrity can be compromised. Find a shell material that can offer the best of both worlds – strength and weight.
Evaluate the Safety Standards
As you try to evaluate the choices for the best motocross helmet, you should also find the time to look at the safety standards. It must have undergone stringent quality control and thorough independent tests to prove that safety is second to none. There should be certifications that will serve as a testament to its quality.
Depending on your location, the safety standards can be different. Nonetheless, there are also some standards that are on an international scale.
In the United States, the DOT is the main standard for dirt bike helmets. Take note, however, that this is the minimum. Therefore, if it is DOT-approved, this does not necessarily translate into being the safest.
On the other hand, in Europe, look at the shell of the helmet and from the inside, there must be a label showing that it has been tested and approved for the ECE 22.05. ECE stands for Economic Commission for Europe. Those who compete in the World Championships use helmets that pass this standard.
Meanwhile, if you are from Australia, the minimum safety standard is AS1698 and NZ 5430 if you are from New Zealand.
At the end of the day, if you would like to be assured of your safety, the Snell standard is the best to consult. The Snell Memorial Foundation is an organization that has been established to conduct rigid helmet testing. It exceeds all of the government safety regulations from every country.
Think About Vision
This is one thing that a lot of people tend to ignore in evaluating the possibilities for the best dirt bike helmet. It is important to make sure that the design of the helmet is not going to obstruct your vision in any way.
There is a lot of motorcycle helmets that are open in the middle, leaving your eyes exposed. There are some, however, that are equipped with visors, which can either be fixed or movable. I would suggest that you look for one that is movable so that you can enjoy versatility.
If the face of the dirt bike helmet is covered, it is important to make sure that it is made of high-quality materials. The shell should be unbreakable in case of a crash. It must also protect the eyes from the heat of the sun. Being fog-proof is also good to ensure clear sight of what is on the road regardless of the weather.
Emphasize Your Comfort
The size and the weight of the helmet are not the only things that can have an impact on your comfort. There are other features that should be looked at to make sure that you will feel good while wearing your dirt bike helmet.
Among others, one thing that will be instrumental in your comfort would be ventilation. The helmet should be designed in such a way that it can encourage sufficient airflow. Otherwise, you will end up sweating and be tempted to just take it off. Because motocross is a physical sport, see to it that it is well-ventilated to keep the head dry.
There should also be comfort padding, which is usually made of high-quality foam. This is the part between the head and the shell of the dirt bike helmet. This will serve as a cushion that will prevent the head from banging on a hard material. The padding should be plush and thick, but must not add significant weight to the helmet.
It will also be good if it comes with removable liners. This is sanitary since it keeps the helmet clean and this will also prevent having a foul smell because of too much sweat.
Don’t Forget the Aesthetics
The style of the dirt bike helmet is another consideration that you should be mindful of. Pick a design that is reflective of your personality.
In terms of looks, they can be generally classified into two. The first one is solid in terms of color while the other one has graphics. It is all a matter of personal choice. A lot of people opt for solid color, which will provide them with the opportunity to put whatever sticker they want depending on how they want the motocross helmet to look like.
Decide Based on Brand for Best Dirt Bike Helmet
A lot of us tend to be brand-conscious. After all, the brand name speaks a lot about the overall quality of the product. With this, it is no longer surprising that we favor more popular brands compared to their unknown counterparts. To make your search easier, here is a list of some of the best brands of dirt bike helmet that you might want to take into consideration.
- Fox Racing: One of the top choices amongst supercross champions, their dirt bike helmet features innovative technologies that have placed them ahead of the competition. A good example of this is the Multi-Directional Impact Protection System, which provides unrivaled protection from crashes.
- 6D: This is one name that is associated with top-notch options for a dirt bike helmet. Nonetheless, while it fares well in terms of safety, the design is unable to keep up with most of its competitors. Many of their helmets may lack aesthetic appeal.
- Bell: With more than six decades of experience in the business, the company promises to provide comfort and safety to their buyers. It emphasizes purpose-built utility while also highlighting design, which makes their helmets eye-catching.
- Troy Lee: This is another brand that you will encounter in search of a top-rated motocross helmet. They have a style that can easily catch your attention. They also have revolutionary features, for unparalleled safety.
Those mentioned above are just some of the best that you must know. Depending on which part of the world you are from, there are tons of other choices for the best dirt bike helmet.
Other Things to Look At
Aside from those that have been mentioned above, you should also look at the retention system that can be offered by the dirt bike helmet. To be specific, you have to look at the chin strap. It should be adjustable so that you can customize the fit. Most importantly, it should make the helmet remain on your head if you are ever involved in a crash.
These days, there are also dirt bike helmets with Bluetooth technology. The latter will allow you to be connected wirelessly to your phone. You can take calls while on the road and without the need to hold the phone in your hand!
Meanwhile, if you want to have peace of mind, consider as well the warranty that is offered by the manufacturer, which can be a guarantee of your satisfaction.
Lastly, do not forget to consult with the opinions of other people, especially in the form of online reviews. You can use their real-life experiences to weigh the pros and the cons of the possibilities.
Indeed, choosing a best dirt bike helmet is never an easy heat. With an abundance of brands and models, you should never be careless in the decision that you will make.As discussed above you have to consider the right size, make sure that it is comfortable, see to it that the shell is durable, think about your vision, and look at the safety features. If you just take the time to go through the possibilities, you will see that the best option does not necessarily point out to the most expensive model.
When looking for the best motocross helmet, do not forget to keep in mind the things mentioned above. There are several types that are available, such as based on their price, design, and brand. You should be responsible enough to carefully go through the possibilities to increase the likelihood of making the right decision when it comes to which motocross helmet to buy.